If you are interested in having Dr. Shimi Kang speak at your organization, please contact us at email@example.com
Follow me on :
Dr Shimi Kang is a dynamic, entertaining, and experienced speaker. She has presented at hundreds of events ranging from the world’s largest conferences to customized workshops for small groups. As a panelist who is comfortable in diverse settings, Dr Kang has shared the stage with cutting edge scientists, movie stars, the homeless, national politicians, best-selling authors, and a Miss Universe.
Dr Kang skillfully combines her knowledge of motivation into her speaking events for a unique “therapeutic presentation” that always leaves her audience wanting more.
Dr Kang speaks on a variety of health, wellbeing, and motivation related topics including:
- The Dolphin Way: Finding Balance In an Unbalanced World
- Dolphin Parenting: How to Raise Healthy, Happy, and Successful Kids Without Turning Into A Tiger
- Are you a Tiger, Jellyfish, or Dolphin? How to best collaborate and motivate others.
- Humans Are Social Beings
- Internal Drive is Lasting – The Art and Science of Human Motivation
- 21st Century Success Comes from CQ
- Parenting in the 21st Century
- How Our Fast Paced World Effects our Mental Health
- Anxiety – A Modern Day Disease
- A High-jacked Brain – Drug, Alcohol, and Behavioral Addictions
- How to Balance the Juggling Act
- Play or Die – The Life Sustaining Role of Play
- The Neuroscience of Altruism
- Modern Day Survival Skills
To view Dr Kang speaking live, please visit:
Here is a recap of one of Dr. Shimi Kang’s Talks
Motivating Patients to Change their Lifestyles
Part of a series recapping Health Talks: Bold Ideas to Transform Health Care. Ten inspiring speakers, comprising a blend of health care providers and the public, used the Pecha Kucha-powered 20 x 20 format (20 slides, 20 seconds each) to answer our question: What are your hopes for a better health care system?
Dr. Shimi Kang is a Harvard-trained physician and one of Canada’s few addiction psychiatrists. She is the only physician trainer in Motivational Interviewing west of Ontario. She is the current Medical Director for Vancouver Community Child and Youth Mental Health Programs. With over 10 years of experience, Dr. Kang’s treatment, research, teaching, and media work reflect her expertise in culture, motivation, addictions, and mental health.
Shimi’s presentation experience shined through. Her timing was impeccable and at one point in her presentation, she displayed only a black screen for 40 seconds. This was probably the most dramatic moment of the night. Her hope is for health care workers to motivate and inspire their patients to implement lifestyle changes towards positive health.
Dr. Kang’s Two Most Popular Talks!
The Irrefutable Truth About Motivation
With motivational speakers at every turn, there is no doubt that audiences want to understand motivation and catch a whiff of its magical ether. However, few (if any) speakers are able to lay out the neuroscience, biology, psychology, and reality of motivation like Dr. Shimi Kang. As a Harvard trained addiction specialist, Dr Kang knows all too well about the devastating effects of when motivation goes astray. However, she also knows exactly how to bring ones motivation back towards health, happiness, and lasting success. From across the ages, Dr Kang combines irrefutable science with unforgettable stories in a whirlwind tour that leaves her audience entertained, educated and yes – motivated!
In this talk, Dr. Kang will cover:
- The neuroscience of how humans are naturally motivated.
- Corresponding daily activities that will directly lead towards self-motivation and
- Tools and tips on how to motivate those around you.
The Dolphin Way – How to Raise Healthy, Happy, and Motivated Kids…. Without Turning into a Tiger
How is it that the most informed generation of parents in human history are raising children with RISING rates of anxiety, depression, obesity, and addiction? Given that all of these are human LIFESTYLE conditions - do we need a reminder for what it means to live a human life? The intelligent, playful, joyful, and community-minded dolphin can certainly be that reminder. Dolphins are not authoritarian tiger-parents who push and hover NOR are they permissive jellyfish parents. Dolphin parents’ use a BALANCED relationship and a BALANCED lifestyle to GUIDE their children towards self-motivation. This allows Dolphin kids to have what Tiger kids don’t – the ability to adapt by possessing the key 21st century skills of “CQ” - collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking. Although these are the skills needed in our globally competitive, highly connected, and fast paced modern world, the Dolphin Way is NOT a new trend. The principles are as old as humanity itself as it is based upon how we are naturally motivated through powerful neurochemical pathways. The Dolphin Way will leave every parent with the one they can use with any child in every situation – their human intuition.
This talk will cover:
- The state of 21st century parenting and how we got here.
- The benefits and drawbacks of Tiger, Jellyfish, and Dolphin Parenting.
- How children (and adults) establish self-motivation and
- The science and beauty of parental intuition.